It is the view of Landmark East School that parents/guardians should finance their children’s education to the extent they are able. In order for a student to receive a bursary the following criteria must be met:
- the student is a legal Canadian resident
- the student has been accepted into a Landmark East School program, enrollment contract signed, and deposit paid
- the student does not have outstanding arrears
- the student and student’s family participating in school fundraising activities
- if the student is a Nova Scotia resident they must apply for and be awarded a tuition support supplement grant (more information on the Nova Scotia Tuition Support)
- the student’s family demonstrate genuine financial need through a process established by Landmark East School
We understand that it may not be possible to meet the above criteria at the time of the bursary application. If a student and family have demonstrated they are working to meeting all criteria they may be awarded a conditional bursary with the expectation that all criteria will be met prior to the student’s first day of school. The Admissions Committee and the Bursary Selection Committee are separate committees. While the Bursary Selection Committee tries to meet the financial need of all applicants, admission to Landmark East School is not a guarantee of a Landmark East Student Bursary.
Bursaries are reviewed in the following order:
- Nova Scotia resident students
- Atlantic Canada (NS, NB, PE, NL) resident students
- Canadian resident students
Below is the timeline for the 2019/2020 school year. Refer to the Bursary Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- March 1, 2019 – Families are invited to begin their bursary application for the 2019/2020 school year.
- May 15, 2019 – We strongly recommend bursary applications are submitted by this date. This will allow time for Apple Financial Services to process your application in time for the first bursary selection meeting in mid-June. This will maximize your opportunity to for a bursary that will meet your needs.
- Mid-June 2019 – The Bursary Selection Committee will review and award bursaries for applications that have been assessed by Apple Financial Services at this time.
- Early August 2019 – The Bursary Selection Committee will review and award bursaries for applications that have been assessed by Apple Financial Services at this time. All processed applications after this meeting will be reviewed by the Bursary Selection Committee on a first come, first serve basis.
This is a simplified graphic outlining the Bursary Application Process. Refer to the Bursary Frequently Asked Questions for more information.