Changing the lives of children
with learning differences since 1979!
Sun, Oct 16|
20th Annual Walkathon to Support Student Bursaries
E-transfer donations can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org - thank you!
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2022, 12:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Wolfville, 708 Main St, Wolfville, NS B4P 1G4, Canada
About the Event
Landmark East School is celebrating its 20 th Annual Walkathon on Sunday, October 16, 2022. Each year this event
raises over $30,000 for the Student Bursary Fund, as well as awareness around what our school offers. This year we are extending our reach to inspire / include / recognize a variety of ways of participating – walk, run, bike, skip or wheel! Come be a part of the magic!
Our school has played a vital role in changing the lives of children with learning differences for over 40 years and our
Bursary Program provides funding for students who might not otherwise be able to get the education that they need and deserve. Each year approximately half of our students receive a bursary and we need to raise approximately $300,000 annually to make that happen. Our annual Walkathon is an important ingredient to our success.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Ask friends, family members and people in your workplace to be sponsors
- Reach out to your neighbours by placing a small poster on doors or in mailboxes
- Generate awareness by talking with people in your community about Landmark East School
- Hang up posters to promote the event
- Walk, run, bike or wheel with us at the Walkathon
Ways to donate to the Student Bursary Fund:
- E-Transfer to email@example.com - don’t forget to include your name and address for a donation receipt
- Cheque payable to Landmark East Foundation
- Visa or MasterCard (Call the school during office hours – 902-542-2237, 8:30-4:30, Mon-Fri)
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE LANDMARK EAST WALKATHON:
- Registration begins at 12:00 noon at the school for all participants.
- Landmark East School T-shirts will be available for purchase.
- We will leave the school at 1:00 PM and walk/run/bike/wheel in small groups along the Harvest Moon Trailway.
- We hope to have fun games back at the school afterwards (weather permitting) and snacks available for