Landmark East Foundation
Landmark East Foundation was established in November 2005 as a registered charitable organization to assist Landmark East School in meeting its objective in the education of students with learning differences by holding and administering the Student Bursary Fund to provide financial assistance for students with a demonstrated financial need.
Landmark East Foundation has a Board of Trustees consisting of 4 to 10 persons. The main objective of the Foundation is to ensure that Landmark East Association’s fundraising needs are met. Most of the work done by the trustees involves organizing fundraising-related events to raise nearly $280, 000 each year for the Student Bursary Fund.
There is a joint committee of three Landmark East Association directors and three Landmark East Foundation trustees whose purpose is to award bursaries to Canadian students attending Landmark East School who demonstrate financial need. The committee meets several times throughout the summer and fall to review bursary applications and award student bursaries.
Landmark East School is celebrating its 21st Annual Walkathon on Sunday, September 24, 2023. Each year this event raises over $30,000 for the Student Bursary Fund, as well as awareness around what our school offers. This year we are thrilled to announce that Rafuse Home Hardware Building Centre is our title sponsor. Supporting sponsors include Start’s Point Self Storage, Braveheart First Aid, Supplement King, and Amy’s Brand Pro. We also recognize that there are a variety of ways of participating – walk, run, bike, skip or wheel! Come be a part of the magic!
Our school has played a vital role in changing the lives of children with learning differences for over 40 years and our Bursary Program provides funding for students who might not otherwise be able to get the education that they need and deserve. Each year approximately half of our students receive a bursary and we need to raise nearly $300,000 annually to make that happen. Our annual Walkathon is an important ingredient to our success.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Ask friends, family members and people in your workplace to be sponsors
- Reach out to your neighbours by placing a small poster on doors or in mailboxes
- Volunteer your time and support student canvassers
- Generate awareness by talking with people in your community about Landmark East School
- Hang up posters to promote the event
- Walk, run, bike or wheel with us at the Walkathon
We invite you to join us in helping young people realize their full potential by supporting the Student Bursary Fund!!!
If you make a donation in support of a specific student, be sure to provide the student's name in the message line of the etransfer.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE LANDMARK EAST WALKATHON:
- Registration begins at 12:00 noon at the school for all participants.
- There is a registration fee of $20/person for non-Landmark East School students.
- Registration includes a T-Shirt, Hot Dog and a drink.
- We will leave the school at 1:00 PM and walk/run/bike/wheel in small groups along Main Street to Willow Park.
- When we get back to the school after the walk there will be a BBQ, lots of fun games and snacks available for purchase.
PLEASE HELP US MAKE THIS OUR MOST SUCCESSFUL WALKATHON YET!
Student Bursary Fundraising Events
Calendar of Fundraising Events - 2023 / 24
There are several signature fundraising events including the Walkathon held in early fall and the Annual Golf Tournament held in June each year. There are also a variety of other fundraisers that take place throughout the year including the Pumpkin Walk, Lobster Dinner, Occasion Boxes, Craft Fair, Concerts, and many more.