- If you are passionate about making a difference in the life of students with learning disabilities, and like an environment that prides itself on providing individual attention; leading edge, evidence based teaching methods; a workplace with lots of team spirit, fun, and opportunities to learn and contribute ideas, consider a career at Landmark East School.
- Successful candidates must be Certified Teachers. We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Starting salaries for new teachers range from $28 000 – $38 000 and are based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Student Life Activity Leader
As a member of the Student Life Team, Activity Leaders are responsible for helping to develop and lead evening and weekend recreation activity for boarding students aged 12-19 years. Activity Leaders must also be prepared and able to supervise, assist, and ensure the safety and enjoyment of students in a variety of other school and community situations including but not limited to: study hall, student residences, after school and weekend settings, school vehicles.
The Student Life Activity Leader will report to (and be under the direct supervision of) the Assistant Director of Student Life.
A mature individual able to confidently provide social and emotional guidance to students.
Capable of modeling, demonstrating, and maintaining high expectations of self and others.
Enthusiastic, engaged, patient, and fully accountable.
Able to think strategically and be a problem solver.
Open minded and resilient.
Empathetic, caring, and able to communicate a wide range of messaging with a varied group of individuals.
Education, Training, and Experience
Experience with youth in a school and/or recreational setting.
Currently enrolled in or completed a college or university level program.
Valid Driver’s License (Class 4 an asset).
Current certification for Emergency First Aid or willing to obtain.
Mental Health First Aid is considered an asset.
Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check .
Child Abuse Registry.
Part-Time – Full Time Hours
Weekends and Evening Work
Start Date: August 31, 2017
All Applications must be submitted to Sarah Leopold via E-Mail email@example.com with the subject line “Student Life Activity Leader Application” or delivered in person to Landmark East School, 708 Main Street, Wolfville, Nova Scotia by June 16, 2017
Application Deadline June 16, 2017
Landmark is always interested in having substitute teachers on file. If you are interested in sub work at Landmark East, follow the same application instructions below and put SUBSTITUTE TEACHING as the job title.
How to Apply:
1. Email your Resume and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Put the JOB TITLE in the subject line of your email
3. Application should include three references including most recent supervisor.